TechLogix media converters adapt fiber signals to a variety of different formats and/or cable types.
The TL-MC-1S1S features two SFP ports (SFP module sold separately), effectively adapting signals between different fiber types. In most applications, the TL-MC-1S1S adapts single mode fiber to multimode fiber and vice versa.
- Convert signals between different fiber types (single mode to multimode and vice versa)
- Two SFP (fiber) ports
- 100Mbps to 1250Mbps data rates
- 850nm/1310nm/1490nm/1550nm supported wavelengths
- Single mode and multimode fiber compatible (SFP module dependent)
- SFP module sold separately
- Suggested multimode module: TL-1GSFP-MM550
- Multimode max distance: 550m (1,805 ft.)
- Suggested single mode module: TL-1GSFP-SM20K
- Single mode max distance: 20km (12.4 miles)
- 0 degree to 60 degree C operating temperature
- 1.0" x 2.75" x 3.6" (26mm x 70mm x 93mm)
- 5V power supply (included)
- IEEE 802.3z & 802.3ab compliant
- 1000Base - SX/LX/EX/ZX
- Diagnostic LEDs
- Plug-and-play compliant
-  TL-MC-1S1S media converter
-  Power Supply with International Pins
- Fiber 1 - Insert an SFP module (1G bandwidth) according to the fiber type (single mode or multimode).
- Fiber 2 - Insert an SFP module (1G bandwidth) according to the fiber type (single mode or multimode).
|Fiber connection is Normal
Fiber connection FAULT (Fiber 1)
|Fiber connection is Normal
Fiber connection FAULT (Fiber 2)
|Power Supply is connected and energized
Power supply is either not connected or not energized
DC 5V - Connect included DC 5V/1A power adaptor
There are several applications suitable for the TL-MC-1S1S, here are a few examples:
Example 1 - convert from Multimode FO cable to Single Mode FO Cable (or vice versa)
In this example, two network switches need to be connected using fiber optic cable, but there some of the cable is MMF and some is SMF.
Example 2 - extend LAN signal using a media converter.
In this example, the total length of the MMF fiber optic cable exceeds the maximum length for a single link using SFP modules. In this case, the media converter is acting as a range extender for the fiber optic cable link.
Example 3 - change from single strand cable link to 2 strand cable link
In this example, a portion of the cable has only a single strand fiber available. Using a standard BiDi SFP module in conjunction with the media converter will allow this portion to work with the cable available. Currently, TechLogix Networx does not offer a BiDi module, but they are available from other sources. Just be sure to match the SFP specifications with the standards of the TL-MC-1S1S (IEEE 802.3z/AB 1000Base-T/SX/LX/ZX)
|Fiber Module Port|| SFP (small form-factor pluggable) connector port|
|DC 5V||Female coaxial barrel connector - 5.5mm O.D. x 2.5mm I.D.|
|SFP compatibility||IEEE 802.3z/AB 1000Base-T/SX/LX/ZX
TLN Part #s:
TL-1GSFP-MM550 - Multimode Fiber
TL-1GSFP-SM20K - Single Mode Fiber
|Link Support||IEEE 802.3X Full Duplex and Half Duplex with flow control
MDI/MDI-X automatic switching
|Jumbo Frame||Supported Jumbo frame (64-9216 byte)|
|Chassis and Environmental|
|Dimensions||1.0" x 2.75" x 3.6" (26mm x 70mm x 93mm)|
|Dimensions (Shipping)||7.25" x 6" x 2" (184mm x 70 x 51mm)|
|Input Voltage||100~240v AC, 50~60Hz, 0.3A|
|Output Voltage||5VDC Center Positive 1.2A|
|Regulatory||CE, FCC, RoHS, WEE, UL-US, UL-C, CCC, JET, C-TICK, UL-DE/GS|
|Package Contents|| TL-MC-1S1S
 5VDC Power Supply (USA, AUS, EU, UK Pins)